We love what we do, and we love people and organizations that go the extra mile to have their voices heard- especially for important pressing issues, like plastic bottles.
Tapped, a movie that digs deep into the plastic bottled water industry is a perfect example of the actions that The Bamboo Bottle Company praises. Tapped was produced to do one thing. Change people’s perspective toward bottled water. Many believe that drinking water, no matter what the brand, is clean, healthy and refreshing. Think again. In many cases, the water within the bottle is no better than the water from your tap, plus, you drink from a leaching plastic! If this is the case, then why buy bottled water? Why not fill up a reusable bottle and use it day, after day, after day? This is a question that The Bamboo Bottle Company can hopefully help you answer.
Take a quick peek at some of the nauseating facts around plastic bottles:
- Americans buy 29 billion single-serve bottles of water every year- that’s a lot of plastic!
- Much of the plastic is being made in petro-chemical plants.
- The plastic single use bottle usage is one of the biggest problems facing our environment.
- 60 million single-use drink containers were purchased in 2006, and 3 out of 4 were thrown out directly after use.
- An estimated 2,480,000 tons of plastic bottles and jars were disposed of in 2008. (EPA)
- When plastics break down, they don’t biodegrade, they photo-degrade. This means the materials break down to smaller fragments. These readily absorb toxins contaminate soil, waterways, and animals upon digestion.
These facts can be found on http://www.reuseit.com/learn-more/top-facts/plastic-bottle-facts
Ask yourself this: If you want to drink pure, why would you put it into a material that can leach harmful materials?
Drinking from glass is pure. It’s fresh, healthy and clean… at all temperatures! We have set out on this mission to make a better bottle for you to drink from- videos and actions such as Tapped inspire us. For every bottle we sell, are tens of hundreds of plastic bottles that were not used, thrown away and lived the rest of it’s life in a slow, polluted land fill. So, here’s to a clean, glass-lined water bottle that will make you smile when you drink from it. Cheers.
To see a trailer for Tapped, please check out: http://www.tappedthemovie.com