Jon Gordon’s book “Training Camp” is a great read about the traits of excellence. In this book, Gordon shares some of the qualities that all of the best performers- in any field- have in common.
We can all learn from some of Gordon’s thoughts about what the best do better:
1. The best know what they truly want; they know what they want to be great at
2. The best want it more.
3. The best are always striving to get better; they don’t get comfortable or complacent.
4. The best do ordinary things better than everyone else.
5. The best zoom-focus; they concentrate on the things that matter and create success and tune out distractions and naysayers.
6. The best are mentally stronger; they stay positive through adversity and are resilient when facing challenges
7. The best overcome their fear.
8. The best seize the moment; they do not allow their fear of failure to define them-the moment is more important than any success or failure.
9. The best tap into a power greater than themselves.
10. The best leave a legacy; they live and work with a bigger purpose.
11. The best make everyone around them better; through their own pursuit of excellence, they bring out the best in others